- 'An Elephant's Trunk in Cepheus' image from the #NASA_App apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap180116.… https://t.co/qKFdKTMQK3 9 hours ago
- RT @8lakeyuk: Finally some clear nights coming our way! Think I’ll pop over to Notley on Saturday with @NorthEssexAstro for free public sta… 1 day ago
- 'Launch and Landing' image from the #NASA_App apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap180113.… https://t.co/l9ctDdtVVO 2 days ago
NEAS Member Photos
- Galaxies Show Order in Chaotic Young UniverseNew observations of galaxies in a universe just 800 million years old show that they’ve already settled into rotating disks. They must have evolved quickly to display such surprising maturity. Our cosmos was a messy youngster. Hotter and denser than the universe we live in now, it was home to turbulent gas flinging about under the influence of gravity. Theor […]
- Some Plants Grow Well in Martian SoilAstrobiology students cultivated leafy greens, sweet potatoes, and even hops in simulated Martian dirt. The post Some Plants Grow Well in Martian Soil appeared first on Sky & Telescope.
- Ringed Disks Don’t Always Mean PlanetsAstronomers presenting at the winter American Astronomical Society meeting caution that the features often pointed to as evidence of growing natal planets could form on their own. The post Ringed Disks Don’t Always Mean Planets appeared first on Sky & Telescope.
- Galaxies Show Order in Chaotic Young Universe